The Hakka Association of Thailand In 1936, in order to develop the organization of the Hakka Society in the provinces, the regulations of the provincial offices and branches of the Society were imposed for the first time, while the name of "The Oversea Hakka Society of Thailand" was changed as "The Oversea Hakka Association of Thailand". Later in 1967, for solving the problems and getting rid of all difficulties in development of Society, the Hakka Societies in the provinces were registered independently, and ran their own Societies from then onward.
Oversea Hakka Association members in Bangkok approved the new name of "The Hakka Association of Thailand" with "Ke Zhong" as its short form. In addition, many clubs have been founded to delelop activities of the Association. It totals 8 clubs, namely Education Club, Sports Club, Female Club, Public Relations Club, Welfare Club, Commerce Club, Co-ordination Club, and Youth Club. The Association has 4 cemeteries: Silom Cemetery, Trok Chan Cemetery, Jong Jin Cemetery and Chan Fah Cemetery, 6 Chinese shrines: Sum Nai Keng Shrine, Lee Tee Biao Shrine, Rong Kerk Shrine, Pun Thao Kong Shrine, Guan Ou Shrine and Guan-Im Nia Shrine, 2 schools: Jin Tek School and Asia Business Colledge, 1 hospital: Chung Jen Hospital. In addition, each year the Association has set up the scholarship to award to the children of the member and the funding foundation for old-aged people to support welfare to them. On November 17th, B.E.2544 (B.C.2001), the 9th Hakka Friendship Meeting in Nakonsawan province agreed to change "Keshu" to "Kejia" which means "Hakka" in Chinese character.
www.hakkathailand.com - 11443 - The Hakka Association of Thailand